IT / Network Administrator
Skills Matter are looking for a knowledgeable and hands on full-time IT Administrator to take over day to day planning, maintenance and delivery of our IT systems/services and provide technical support to our back office team and venue attendees.
You will be based at CodeNode and will be end to end responsible for all in house IT systems and services….that’s everything from deploying and maintaining rock solid internet infrastructure, through to managing desktop and server hardware/software and providing day to day technical support and guidance to our back office team and venue attendees.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an IT professional who has gained a wide range of skills, perhaps as part of a larger organisation, and is now looking for a role where they can take full ownership and play a key role within an exciting growing business.
Essential functions and responsibilities
- Maintaining excellent internet availability
- Monitoring network infrastructure (e.g. incoming internet lines, routers, switches)
- Monitoring WiFi via Unifi controller for any heavy usage or unusual clients
- Monitoring Company Servers on day to day
- Monitoring VoIP services (cloud based control panel)
- Monitoring of Bitdefender antivirus actively
- Monitoring CCTV reports/errors regularly
- Managing user accounts (enabling disabling network user accounts, email accounts, passwords etc)
- Supporting staff with common & uncommon issues/problems
- Laptop OS and application installation and updates
- Maintenance of equipment (e.g. Monitors/keyboard & mouse, printers etc)
- Procurement and purchasing of equipment when required and cost effective
- Managing Inventory and documentation
Training and Events Support
- Assisting trainers/presenters/delegates with laptops & devices setting up and troubleshooting
- Assist with in room projectors and equipment
- Imaging laptops for tech courses.
- Provide pre-sales advice and solutions for events team and their clients.
- Provide agreed technical support for internal and third party events
Out of Hours tasks
- Updating/testing router configs and firmware.
- Provisioning/upgrading APs, IP cameras.
- Setting up ad hoc SSIDs and VLANS for specific events.
- Installing, terminating and testing new cat6 and fibre network routes.
- Review and build on disaster recovery procedures
- Help train and mentor a junior/assistant technician.
- Introduce Support ticketing system
- Introduce internal knowledge base/FAQ
- Collaborate with platform team to introduce EPOS/IOT scan points for "smart venue" features
Key focus areas/essential requirements
The ideal candidate will possess many of the key skills and experience listed below as well as the ability and willingness to quickly learn and master new skills as required.
- Ubiquiti/EdgeMax Routers
- Ubiquiti EdgeSwitch, Tough Switch, Managed switches
- Unifi AC PRO APs + Unify Controller
- WAN load balancing/fail over multiple ISPs
- LAN IP Subnetting.
- QOS and Traffic shaping
- DHCP, NAT, Firewall
- Provisioning & monitoring APs
- Configuring Multiple SSIDs, VLANs
- Channel/Frequency management
- Managing external fibre internet services by BT and/or COLT.
- Patching, terminating and testing of CAT6 ethernet cable.
- G-Suite (email and document sharing)
- File sharing (eg Egnyte, Dropbox)
- Cloud antivirus (eg Bitdefender)
OS & Applications
- Windows 10 Server and Desktop
- Some Apple OSX and Linux
- Microsoft Office Pro/ Libre Office
- Adobe Premiere
- Dell PowerEdge rack mounted servers
- Synology Rackstation(or other NAS)
- Dell latitude/Inspiron laptops
- Mac Book Pro, Air and iMac Pro Stations
- Managing VoIP (or Snom,Cisco)
- Epos (iZettle)
- Projectors (Christie, Eiki)
You will be able to demonstrate
- Passion and pride in your work
- Excellent technical skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- A conscientious and hands-on approach
- An organised and proactive approach. You must be able to plan upgrades and maintenance ahead of time and in quiet periods.
- A punctual, dependable work ethic with flexibility around working hours required to achieve results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
In return we offer
- a horizontal structure with the freedom to grow and develop beyond your core skill set
- a competitive salary and 22 days holiday each year
- a pension scheme and private medical scheme with subsidised gym membership
If this sounds like you and you'd like to join our team, send your CV and a covering email to email@example.com