The Senior Product Manager of our Conferences, Speakers and Sponsors team will be highly social, an excellent communicator and motivated by new challenges. Previous experience in setting business objectives and long-term goals is a must and we're looking for a detail-orientated individual who has strong analytic skills and loves identifying ways to improve projects and processes.
If that sounds like you, come join our team!
About the role
Speakers and sponsorship engagement
- Oversee the creation of outstanding conference content for and with our members, experts, speakers and sponsors
- Engage with our internal and external developer community and business stakeholders to understand how we can improve our programme to increase the value we bring and unlock opportunities
Drive revenue & engagement
- Drive community and sponsor engagement with our conference brands, experts, sponsors and content
- Be responsible for managing and developing our bright and passionate product
- Analyse sales, outreach and marketing methods, doubling down on those that work and cutting those that don't, improve customer and member engagement with our content and products
Business objectives, planning & research
- Define and develop our Conference Product Road map for new and existing conference brands
- Create product propositions that improve and grow our strengths and the value we provide our clients
- Manage and develop relationships with existing partners and top tier sponsors, whilst identifying new opportunities and contacts to grow revenue, secure additional sponsorship leads and define long-term business goals
- Analyse competitor product offering and monitor Skills Matter business successes to develop new conference services and content ideas
- You are highly creative, with strong commercial acumen and an interest in technology
- You have several years product management or events experience, gained ideally in the technology sector, with knowledge of how to launch new products – both online and off line
- You are a data nut and have a proven track-record working with business measurement and analysis; you will understand how Skills Matter's conference programme is positioned in the marketplace, and within our wider business offering
- You have great communication skills
- You can manage multiple projects and balance competing priorities, often working to tight deadlines and under high pressure
- You have experience in developing and managing a team of marketing and sales executives, meeting revenue, traffic and online engagement objectives
Skills Matter is the UK's biggest community of engineers and developers, bringing our 60,000+ members together to discover, learn and adopt the latest technologies, practices and ideas in software engineering.
We host more than 2000 events every year, from community meet-ups, to training events and hackathons. As a community-led organisation, all Skills Matter content and events are created with, and for, our members. And because we know that the best communities are open and inclusive, joining Skills Matter is free.
The Skills Matter community is made financially possible thanks to the generous support of our amazing event sponsors and business partners. By collaborating with exciting technology businesses, we can keep tickets to our 2000+ events affordable and ensure we continue to deliver the best quality training and community events for our members.
This summer, we relocated to our new offices – CodeNode. As the capital's largest technology-dedicated venue, CodeNode boasts a massive 23,000 sq ft to play with and the move to our community's new home marks an exciting new chapter for Skills Matter.
If you'd like to join us at this incredibly exciting time, send us your CV and a short note explaining why you're the best person for the job.
|David Carville||+44 (0)207 183 email@example.com|
|Wendy Devolder||+44 (0)207 183 firstname.lastname@example.org|