We're looking for someone who loves analysing, strategising and identifying how to improve projects – a real 'data nut'. Previous experience in setting business objectives and long-term goals is a must. The Senior Product Manager of our Training, Experts and Courses team will be motivated by meaningful results and show a passionate commitment to developing our highly-valued training and skills transfer products.
If that sounds like you, come join our team!Interested? Apply now!
About the role
Community & customer management
- Be passionate about building products that help our engineering team clients to attract, inspire and train their engineering talent and developers' skills
- Engage with our internal and external developer community and customer stakeholders to understand how we can improve our products to increase the value we bring and unlock opportunities for new products
Drive revenue & engagement
- Meet revenue targets by driving online traffic and member engagement with our courses and training events
- Be responsible for managing and developing our bright and passionate product team of outreach, marketing and sales executives
- Analyse sales, outreach and marketing methods, doubling down on those that work and cutting those that don't, improve customer and member engagement with our content and products
Business objectives, planning & research
- Liaise with our clients, members and other product managers to identify opportunities and uncover untapped needs, then translate these into packaged products by identifying partners that can help us curate, package and deliver industry-leading training events and courses
- Manage and develop relationships with current experts and training providers, whilst identifying new opportunities and contacts to develop new courses and offer new skills to our members
- Work closely with Skills Matter's internal Marketing & PR team, mocking up concepts and defining business goals to express USPs and required content copy for all online and offline products managed within your team, including integrated product launches.
- Liaise with our Platform Team's internal engineers and particular product owner to create best-in-class online solutions to support engagement with, and sales of, our products
- You have past experience in a technology-related role and have a strong personal interest in innovation and tech
- You are a data nut and have a proven track-record working with business measurement and analysis; you will understand how your product and solutions are doing in the marketplace, as well as in relation to our wider business goals and achievements
- You are an excellent communicator, with an ability to explain both the business and technical reasons behind important product decisions
- You have experience launching new products – both online and off line – and building customer and member communities around these. Preferably this experience will be in the publishing, events or technology space
- You love developing products and solutions that help discover new technologies and will strive to support our community members to gain the skills successfully
- You understand how to balance competing priorities and enjoy manage multiple projects and deals at the same time
- You have held previous managerial responsibility and enjoy the challenges associated with developing a team of marketing and sales executives
Skills Matter is the UK's biggest community of engineers and developers, bringing our 60,000+ members together to discover, learn and adopt the latest technologies, practices and ideas in software engineering.
We host more than 2000 events every year, from community meet-ups, to training events and hackathons. As a community-led organisation, all Skills Matter content and events are created with, and for, our members. And because we know that the best communities are open and inclusive, joining Skills Matter is free.
The Skills Matter community is made financially possible thanks to the generous support of our amazing event sponsors and business partners. By collaborating with exciting technology businesses, we can keep tickets to our 2000+ events affordable and ensure we continue to deliver the best quality training and community events for our members.
This summer, we'll be relocating to our new offices – CodeNode. Set to be the capital's largest technology-dedicated venue and boasting a massive 23,000 sq ft to play with, the move to our community's new home marks an exciting new chapter for Skills Matter.
If you'd like to join us at this incredibly exciting time, send us your CV and a short note explaining why you're the best person for the job.
|David Carville||+44 (0)207 183 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Wendy Devolder||+44 (0)207 183 email@example.com|