A large percentage of your time will be spent in IT Support helping to solve issues, on-boarding new staff members, setting up laptops & user accounts, helping with printer issues, manage and support user access to company files and applications both on our internal windows server and Linux NAS drive as well as synchronised copies on our cloud servers (Egnyte) and keeping versions for backup.
You will also be responsible for managing email accounts and access to website accounts via cloud-based SASS services (e.g. GSuite mail and docs, Last Pass, Bitdefender, Social Pilot, Twitter, etc etc) and new services as they are identified and integrated into our work flow.
Another important aspect of the support role will be focused on managing & maintaining our internet connectivity and network equipment & infrastructure. This includes the configuration and maintenance of our Ubiquiti Enterprise networking equipment from routers, switches, APs, CCTV through to deploying, testing and maintaining physical cabling and fibre throughout the CodeNode venue.
Key focus areas/essential requirements
The ideal candidate will possess many of the key skills and experience listed below as well as the ability and willingness to quickly learn and master new skills as required.
• Ubiquiti/EdgeMax Routers
• Ubiquiti EdgeSwitch, Tough Switch, Managed switches
• Unifi AC PRO APs + Unify Controller
• WAN load balancing/fail over multiple ISPs
• LAN IP Subnetting.
• QOS and Traffic shaping
• DHCP, NAT, Firewall
• Provisioning & monitoring APs
• Configuring Multiple SSIDs, VLANs
• Channel/Frequency management
• Managing external fibre internet services by BT and/or COLT.
• Patching, terminating and testing of CAT6 ethernet cable. Cloud Services
• G-Suite (email and document sharing)
• File sharing (e.g. Dropbox)
• Cloud antivirus (e.g. Bitdefender)
OS & Applications
• Windows 10 Server and Desktop
• Some Apple OSX and Linux
• Microsoft Office Pro/ Libre Office
• Adobe Premiere
• Understanding Wi-Fi & network Switch/router
• Dell PowerEdge rack mounted servers
• Synology Rackstation (or other NAS e.g. Buffalo/Netgear)
• Dell latitude/Inspiron laptops
• Managing VoIP (or snom, Cisco)
• Projectors (Christie, Eiki)
You will be able to demonstrate:
• Passion and pride in your work
• Excellent technical skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• A conscientious and hands-on approach
• An organised and proactive approach. You must be able to plan upgrades and maintenance ahead of time and in quiet periods.
• Excellent punctuality and reliability
• A willingness to put in the necessary hours to achieve results and a flexibility with working hours
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Why join our team?
• Ubiquiti Network/Systems training
• access to any of our own Skills Matter courses/conferences that you feel would be of interest to you and your career progression.
• 22 days annual holiday, increasing by one day per year to a maximum of 27 days per year.
• Contributory pension (up to 2.5%).
• Participate in the company private health scheme with subsidised gym membership;
• Fun Forum - monthly team events - recent events include Cheese and Wine tasting night, Games night, Ping pong tournament, Hawaiian fun...
• Seasonal company events - Summer party, Christmas party etc
or send your CV to email@example.com
You MUST be eligible to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Strictly NO Agencies