Iyas started his tech career as a Business Intelligence database developer. From there, he led teams and companies through startup, acquiring and being acquired, turnaround, rapid growth, and IPO on AIM. Iyas now is an advocate for values and purpose-led businesses, and supports consultancies and agencies to multiply their revenues and profits while deepening their values and humanity. Always with humour.
Iyas has achieved much in his career to date, specifically:
- Co-founded a business and technology consultancy;
- Grew it from 2 to 30+ consultants, with clients like Virgin Atlantic, HSBC and Lloyds of London;
- Acquired by a tech consultancy / full services agency, and joined its board;
- Led a turnaround of its delivery team, which threatened our survival, growing it from 60 to 200 and making it (Conchango) a destination employer;
- On the board as it IPOed on AIM, then sold the company to a large corporate for over £40 million;
- Led a team of 500 consultants across Europe post-acquisition;
- Most importantly, all of that happened by focussing on values, and having an absurd amount of fun along the way.
Talks I've Given
Using Agile Techniques to lead your startup and Scale-up your Company
Featuring Iyas Alqasem
Leading a business can feel really far removed from the skills we use in a project or development environment. But are there ways in which those of us who have come from technology are at an advantage when it comes to building out a company?
In this talk, Iyas, who has led technology companies...values scaleup startup kanban scrum agile leadership