Art Hackathon - "Artificial Emotional Intelligence"
An art hackathon (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hackathon) means coming together in a shared space, and being collectively inspired, to create algorithmic art at the meetup itself.
Hackathons are really fun, hands on practical (there's no talk or lecture), and we're often surprised how much can be created in a limited time.
Beginners are very welcome, as well as more experienced friends who can help others.
All the best art emerges from constraints, often consciously self-imposed. This hack will have some constraints:
• You must create your art at openprocessing.org , which uses the web version of processing (http://processing.org) called p5js p5js . We've run several beginner's tutorial previously, with tutorial slides and video on the meetup blog . You can find a structured beginners course here .
• You must allow your code and work to be publicly viewable and freely copyable and reusable (CC-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/)).
• We have 60 minutes to create the art from scratch.
• The work must be inspired by the theme "Artificial Emotional Intelligence". You're can interpret this in any way you wish.
• Your own constraints (colour, shape, other) - do tell us when you're showing your work.
If people want to work together, that's fine. We'll organise working-together groups at the start.