Come join us to learn Elm and work on projects! Beginners welcome!
Before we break for code we'll have two lightning talks:
• Egor will share about building a typesafe backend (using Go) and frontend (using Elm) without writing your decoders/encoders manually
• Mario will share about writing Blockchain Smart Contracts in Elm
A code night is about meeting folks interested in Elm and learning from each other. Community members may spend about 15 minutes up front showing something they created, inviting folks to pair or talk about the project. From there, we break off into smaller groups and write code together!
We love getting a diverse group of people, from beginners to experts, so if you are on the fence about coming out, just go for it, especially if:
• Totally new to Elm? Getting Elm installed? Writing your first program? It will be easier if you work with folks who have done it before!
• Starting a project? Maybe you have been eyeing Elm but don't know how it will work for your project. The fastest way is to ask us about the specifics or pair with someone here.
• Open source? - There are always interesting projects that could improve Elm, and talking with core team members and contributors is a great way to dive in.
We will have a bunch of pizza and drinks so no need to worry about food.