In our next two sessions we will show you how to get started with NLP in Python. As you know, Natural Language Processing techniques are quite popular as they help data scientists to extract the knowledge from text in order to enrich their models and have better predictions. In this first practical session, Gelareh will give us an introduction on how to use Natural Language Processing (NLP) in Python in order to extract features from some text, so you can use these features as input for machine learning models to build your text classification model .
The focus of this workshop will be on:
(1) Data Preparation : Tokenisation, text normalisation, part of speech tagging, grammar parsing, Regular Expressions to extract patterns from text
(2) Feature Engineering for Text: Count Vectors as features, TF-IDF Vectors as features (Word level, N-Gram level and Character level )
• Familiarity with Python would be an advantage
• A basic knowledge of Machine Learning
• No requirement of past experience on NLP
What you will learn:
• Using Python NLTK
• Basics of Natural Language Processing
The participants will need their laptops - with Jupyter Notebook installed to save time.
Gelareh Taghizadeh is a data scientist at CognitionX. She got her master degree in Artificial Intelligence and is perusing her PhD in the same field. Gelareh has an extensive experience in applying advance machine learning techniques in Natural Language Processing domain such as text classification, entity extraction, anomaly detection, topic modelling and etc. Gelareh has worked for different tech companies to shape their products, where she learns how to solve real business problems and build data science projects from scratch.