Meet Harjot Singh
Harjot’s Role as a Digital Transformation Leader
Harjot Singh has over 25 years of work experience as a Strategic Consultant across APAC and EMEA. He has developed a framework on how data analytics drives digital transformation, with experience in industries ranging from banking, airlines, e-commerce, telecom, public sector, and more. Harjot is an established thought leader in Information Management and a highly sought after speaker through forums in Sydney, Australia.
Harjot’s Other Work in Data Analytics
Harjot has recently finished his role as the Chief Data Officer at RAC WA and is currently looking to start his own Data and Digital Transformation Advisory services. Before moving to Perth, he was the SVP, Architecture and Head of Data Engineering at Deem Finance, building digital and neo banking products and services to compete in the market. He has also been the Group Head (Acting) of BI, Digital, Data as well as a Senior Portfolio Manager of Technology and Innovation with Etihad Airways.
In the past years, Harjot has been the Assistant Director of Information and Data Architect with the NSW Office of State Revenue, the AVP and Program Manager of BI and Data Governance of Tech Mahindra, a Senior Manager with Hewlett-Packard, and a Senior Analyst with ZANTEL.
Digital Transformation, Data, and Organisations
In this exclusive analytics podcast episode, Harjot shares:
- Transitioning to and from Australia to the United Arab Emirates and back to Australia
- His advice for those doing similar transitions
- The importance of digital transformation for organisations that are not digital natives but traditional industries like airlines, banks, and insurance
- Newly created roles are more symbolic
- Value creation of the Chief Data Officer role
- Appreciating the importance of data
- What is missing from making data a critical component of the business
- His advice for anyone looking to start that digital transformation journey in their organisations