Meet Dr Adam CHEE
Adam’s Role as a Health Tech Leader
Adam CHEE is the Chief of the Smart Health Leadership Centre of the National University of Singapore’s Institute of Systems Science. First established in 1981, NUS-ISS is widely recognised as a champion of industry transformation, future jobs and future skills, enabling a digital economy that is always learning and always leading. To date, over 157,000 infocomm & business professionals, 8,000 corporate clients' organisations, and 6,873 graduate programmes alumni have benefitted from NUS-ISS’s suite of services.
Adam’s Other Work in Digital Health
Adam has published 3 books, numerous articles and frequently advises and speaks at international conferences. Besides his role with NUS, Adam is also an Expert on the World Health Organization’s Roster of Experts for Digital Health. WHO has established a roster of experts in various areas related to digital health, such as strategic approaches, areas for intervention and governance structures for regulations and adoption of digital health solutions and products.
Adam is a Fellow at MOH Office for Healthcare Transformation. Their goal here is to shape the future of healthcare in Singapore by developing and experimenting with game-changing, systems-level innovations in healthcare delivery and the promotion of good health. Lastly among his present work, Adam conducts & facilitates training sessions, develops curriculums, tests and trains materials, conducts assessments & examinations on aspects of Health Informatics & Digital Health at various Institutes of Higher Learning.
Smart Health, Healthcare Analytics, and Privacy
In this exclusive analytics podcast episode, Adam shares:
- How his latest book Achieving Transformational Care was born
- His most important takeaway he'd like people to have when reading this book
- What he wished he knew before starting his book writing journey
- His role as Chief of the Smart Health Leadership Centre of the National University of Singapore’s Institute of Systems Science
- The goals he's aiming to achieve for the Smart Health Leadership Centre
- If data science, analytics and AI would take us to the next frontier of healthcare
- Collecting and managing data from multiple healthcare providers in one place while protecting privacy
- If this applies to other countries
- What Health Informatics are
- The biggest challenges when implementing or innovating the healthcare industry with data science and AI
- If all the advancements in technology and AI will result in cost reduction for patient billing
- Whether the government plays a role in healthcare analytics in other areas of the world
- What is stopping better digital records for healthcare
- His advice for anyone looking to focus more on data science for the healthcare transformation journey in their organisations