Join Tony Bruce and Ant Koch, share their experience and lead a discussion on what can cause some issues when implementing BDD taken from personal experience.
Tony covered topics listed below, in no particular order:
- Don’t rush into automation
- Don’t spend hours arguing about the correct language to use
- See what others are doing
- Write scenarios as a team
- Have the conversation
- Don’t add implementation details in scenarios
- Add tests to continuous integration process as early as possible
- Use your scenarios
- Include the SME (Subject Matter Expert)
- Domain expert and customer
- Keep scenarios precise
- Use examples to reinforce the scenario
- Every scenario is negotiable and is subject to change at any time
- Your scenarios are your living documentation
- Make things visual
- Sign off scenarios
- Just do it!
Tony Bruce is a professional, experienced, constantly learning, coaching and teaching agile team member who specialises in Testing. He has worked in various industries with organisations such as Channel 4, Ernst & Young, LMAX and The Children’s Society.
Sorry, no member has joined this event so far.