This is a presentation and workshop that will help you find some simple ways to release more frequently, with less stress. It lays out a simple path to continuous improvement and continuous delivery.
Andy Singleton will present key concepts from his new book, Unblock! Then, we will exchange questions and as a group discuss how to improve specific projects.
The presentation will cover topics like:
- Why release more frequently?
- Technical tactics: Learn about two different coding, review and test patterns - Centralized, and Distributed. Discuss essential tactics like feature switches and test layering. Map release steps and eliminate waterfall stages.
- Product Management: We’ll throw out a batch of techniques that became essential for us, such as story owners, unveil, learn before launch. Work twice as smart and double your capacity by measuring.
- Roles: Understand the new roles and power dynamics for programmers, QA, ops, product managers, and senior management.
- Improvement plan: Three simple questions that will move your team to release more frequently.
Andy Singleton is the founder of Assembla, a SaaS company providing tools for distributed agile development teams.
Sorry, no member has joined this event so far.