- REST - Taking a look at the pain points.
- GraphQL - Why it exists, and what it could mean for the future.
- Realtime - How we can build realtime interfaces in a more structured way.
- Hypermedia - Why it hasn't yet lived up to its promises, and how it still might.
- Microservices - The benefits and challenges of lightweight service architectures.
I'm the author of Django REST framework, a popular API framework, that's used by Mozilla, Heroku, Eventbrite, RedHat and many other organizations.
Antonio is a biochemist, specialised in human genetics and computational biology. Currently working as bioinformatician at Genomics England, where he develops solutions for common genomics problems related to data storage, data curation and data analysis. Antonio speaks English, Python, Spanish, R and Java.
Hitch is a framework for writing integration test with an emphasis on:
• Minimising Brittleness
• Enhancing readability
• Loose coupling
• Test realism
• Tests failing fast and cleanly
Colm is a python engineer with a decade of experience with web development, high availability systems, integration testing and agile development. He has worked at numerous startups and large organizations, including the UK government, the BBC and NTT Docomo.