Don't miss this meetup by Ed Elliot and Mete Atamel on Better SQL Server development with SSDT and friends and Building ASP.NET apps on Google Cloud Platform.
With high performance Virtual Machines (VM) and networking, blazing fast VM provisioning, sub-minute billing and rich set of services, Google Cloud is a great platform to deploy and run your ASP.NET applications.
In this hands-on session, we will cover:
- How to run your ASP.NET application on Google Compute Engine.
• How to integrate with Google Cloud services such as Cloud Storage, Pub/Sub, BigQuery, Vision API through .NET libraries.
• How to build ASP.NET Core apps from Cloud Shell right inside browser and deploy to App Engine or Container Engine.
• How to deploy SQL Server in Google Cloud.
• How to use PowerShell cmdlets and Google Cloud Visual Studio plugin to manage Google Cloud resources.
Mete Atamel is a Developer Advocate at Google, currently focused on helping developers with Google Cloud Platform. As a long-time Java and a recent C# developer, he likes to compare the two ecosystems. Prior to Google, he worked at Microsoft, Skype, Adobe, EMC, and Nokia building apps and services on various web, mobile and cloud platforms. Originally from Cyprus, he currently lives in Greenwich, not too far away from the prime meridian.
RDBMS's haven't been eradicated by NoSQL yet and there are lots of applications that still use SQL Server as their database. We will take a look at SSDT as an IDE with refactoring tools as well as a deployment tool to facilitate continuous deployment. We will also look at friends of SSDT such as unit testing frameworks. Before anyone starts crying in desperation, this isn't about moving your business logic into thousand line stored procedures but improving what we have today!