Agile Transition Lessons That Address Practical Questions
This presentation won't focus on the political and cultural issues that other presentations cover in depth. Rather, we will focus on lessons learned addressing practical questions (like the ones above) whose answers are actionable in the context of performing a transition to agile.
When your organization began adopting agile did you ask or get asked questions like:
• Is there a way to quantify the cost of the transition?
• How many teams or what scope should the initial transition effort cover?
• Should we use an internal coach or hire an external coach
• How does training fit in to the adoption?
• How do we measure our success?
• Should we use an existing scaling framework or develop our own
Ken Rubin is managing principal of Innolution, LLC, a company that provides Scrum and agile training and coaching to help companies develop products in an effective and economically sensible way. A Certified Scrum Trainer, Ken has trained over 23,000 people on agile and Scrum, Smalltalk development, managing object-oriented projects, and transition management. He has coached over 200 companies, ranging from start-ups to Fortune 10.