Companies today have massive treasure troves of data, but in order to provide value they must be in a position to transform and interrogate that data to get actionable information.
In OVO we have a lot of data: users that interact with our web and mobile apps, customer actions, but also (a lot of) smart meter readings!
In the following talk I will try to describe what we did in order to harness that stream of data, so that we have an environment where it will be easy to get useful business insights.
We will discuss how we used (and also plan to use!) technologies like Kafka, BigQuery, Airflow and Apache Beam.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Detecting antisocial comments: an adventure in machine learning at theguardian.com - Intermediate (SkillsCast recorded in December 2016)
- ScalaCon 2022 (Online Conference on 4th - 8th October 2022)
- ScalaCon 2022: Keynote Meetup (in London on 4th October 2022)
- What is happening with Java? (Online Meetup on 6th June 2022)
- WebAssembly for Java Developers (Online Meetup on 8th June 2022)
- Formal Verification of Subsets of the Rust Language (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
- A History of Enterprise Monads (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
Data automation in the wild with Thomas Kaliakos!
Thomas Kaliakos is a Software Engineer at Ovo Energy. He is a machine learning enthusiast. He's also a professional day-dreamer, amateur philosopher and lover of asking "why?"