At this month's ScalaX Bytes, we have OVO Energy's Thomas Kaliakos talking about data automation in the real world! Don't miss it
Companies today have massive treasure troves of data, but in order to provide value they must be in a position to transform and interrogate that data to get actionable information.
In OVO we have a lot of data: users that interact with our web and mobile apps, customer actions, but also (a lot of) smart meter readings!
In the following talk I will try to describe what we did in order to harness that stream of data, so that we have an environment where it will be easy to get useful business insights.
We will discuss how we used (and also plan to use!) technologies like Kafka, BigQuery, Airflow and Apache Beam.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Detecting antisocial comments: an adventure in machine learning at theguardian.com - Intermediate (SkillsCast recorded in December 2016)
- Lightbend Scala Language - Professional (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- Lightbend Scala Language - Expert (in London on 11th - 13th September 2019)
- Infiniteconf 2019 - A one-day community celebration of Big Data, Machine Learning and AI (in London on 4th July 2019)
- Hands-on: Fractal art with Fable and WebGL (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Keynote by Dick Wall on Why API Design Matters, and Why Yours Sucks! (and mine sucks too!) (in London on 24th June 2019)
- What Really Matters (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- The Elements of Tagless Final Style (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Data automation in the wild with Thomas Kaliakos!
Thomas Kaliakos is a Software Engineer at Ovo Energy. He is a machine learning enthusiast. He's also a professional day-dreamer, amateur philosopher and lover of asking "why?"