At this month's ScalaX Bytes, we have OVO Energy's Thomas Kaliakos talking about data automation in the real world! Don't miss it
Companies today have massive treasure troves of data, but in order to provide value they must be in a position to transform and interrogate that data to get actionable information.
In OVO we have a lot of data: users that interact with our web and mobile apps, customer actions, but also (a lot of) smart meter readings!
In the following talk I will try to describe what we did in order to harness that stream of data, so that we have an environment where it will be easy to get useful business insights.
We will discuss how we used (and also plan to use!) technologies like Kafka, BigQuery, Airflow and Apache Beam.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Detecting antisocial comments: an adventure in machine learning at theguardian.com - Intermediate (SkillsCast recorded in December 2016)
- Azure DevOps (in Online on 15th July 2020)
- Building and Leading Remote Teams (in Online on 19th August 2020)
- How to use Apache Kafka and Grafana to visualise business process decisions running on the cloud! - Paulo Menon, Ingo Weiss, Craig Reeves. (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Don’t keep it to yourself - openness and honesty in the workplace (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Data automation in the wild with Thomas Kaliakos!
Thomas Kaliakos is a Software Engineer at Ovo Energy. He is a machine learning enthusiast. He's also a professional day-dreamer, amateur philosopher and lover of asking "why?"