In Order to deliver business value as early as possible, as an overwhelmed cross-functional team member, I Need 6589 disembodied user stories sitting in a backlog in JIRA, like I need a hole in the head!
Are User stories actually helpful? Or are they doing us harm? Have we wandered away from their intended use? User stories are dangerous.
In this talk you'll explore the different ways that User Stories can kill your project and how to stay on the safe path to value using the OOPSI model.
OOPSI is an outside-in process.
You start with the outcomes (the value), and expertly navigate the quickest path to achieving those outcomes. You might even be able to do this without writing a single user story. (But shhhhhhhhh! don't tell anyone I said that!)
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Knowing Me Knowing you.... Ahaaaaa! (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Agile at Scale with Joakim Sundén (Online Course on 13th - 16th October 2020)
- Certified Scrum Master with Abid Quereshi (Online Course on 26th - 28th October 2020)
- Web Performance & Agility: A Curious Mashup (SkillsCast recorded in September 2020)
- Retrospectives Antipatterns — Team Meetings That Don't Suck (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
Scrum Event & Jenny Martin presents - Death by User Stories
Jenny Martin coaches in Agile delivery, quality improvement and innovation gaming. She has a deep appreciation for business goal segmentation and the visualization of what she labels ‘horizons of value’ within business strategy.