Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
What if Don told you that when Mozart composed his first violin concerto and when Joe Developer builds a CRUD app in Rails, they have to think about their craft in the same way? You would probably call him crazy, but rest assured it’s true. Musicians and developers do think alike. There are both horizontal and vertical axes to the thought process that goes into the architecture of a piece of music and a piece of software.
As someone with both 18 years as a web professional and a degree in music performance, Don Burks brings a lifetime of experience and a passion for understanding why we do things the way we do to this talk. After observing the significant fraction of developers he has met having musical backgrounds, some investigation was needed. The results of that investigation have informed this talk.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- GraphQL Security - Quick Wins (SkillsCast recorded in July 2019)
- Leadership Guide for the Reluctant Leader (In‑Person Workshop) (in London on 29th July 2022)
- FullStack eXchange: In-Person Conference (in London on 27th - 28th July 2022)
- FullStack eXchange: Online Conference (Online Conference on 27th - 28th July 2022)
- Vue.js and TypeScript: Working Together like Peanut Butter and Jelly (SkillsCast recorded in February 2022)