Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Some things just don't mix:
- oil & water
- freshly brushed teeth & orange juice
- conference WiFi & tech demos
As the popularity of IoT and realtime experiences continues to grow, you often look to the ease of "cloud" environments, like AWS or Heroku, to demo these applications at conferences and meetups. Overloaded, slow wifi at these events causes trouble for the speakers who can do little to resolve this issue while their app sits on a server hundreds of miles away.
Nick proposes that you can combat latency and reduce your dependency on "the cloud" for realtime and IoT by running our applications on the devices providing that wifi: our routers! Through the use of existing protocols, like mDNS and adhoc/mesh communication, you can distribute the load across these portable devices powered by Node.js and open-source hardware.
During this talk, you will learn how this technology can benefit tech events and affect the way we build applications for our homes and communities around the world.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- React & Redux: Web Application Workshop with Damjan Vujnovic (Online Workshop on 12th - 16th September 2022)
- FullStack eXchange: In-Person Conference (in London on 27th - 28th July 2022)
- FullStack eXchange: Online Conference (Online Conference on 27th - 28th July 2022)
- Vue.js and TypeScript: Working Together like Peanut Butter and Jelly (SkillsCast recorded in February 2022)