Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
When we started talking about the Web of Things in 2007, no one believed that one day embedded devices would talk Web and Node.js natively! Fast forward 10 years, many new platforms support Node.js and offer HTTP/WS APIs but this is only the beginning as the Web has a lot more to offer.
In this talk Dom will explore some of the most interesting bits the Web and Node.js have to offer to the IoT, in particular:
- Connecting electronic actuators and sensors (GPIO) to a Raspberry Pi with Node libraries such as on/off and Johnny-Five
- Learning about IoT protocols like MQTT and CoAP and integrate them to the Web of Things via Node libraries
- Using the Semantic Web (JSON-LD, RDFa, etc.) to discover and find Web Things
- Sharing Things via Social Networks to create the Social Web of Things with Passport.js
- Creating physical mashups with Node-RED, and IFTTT and EVRYTHNG.
Dominique will present this talk based on EVRYTHNG's 10 years of experience in the WoT, in particular while writing Building the Web of Things (with examples in Node.js and Raspberry Pi) as well as their experience within the W3C WoT Interest and Working Groups.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Got The Perfect Agile Model? Here’s What You Should Know About Agnostic Agile (in London on 16th August 2017)
- Uncle Bob's Clean Code: Agile Software Craftsmanship (in London on 1st - 3rd November 2017)
- Whole Team Approach to Agile Testing (in London on 6th - 8th November 2017)
- Agile Testing & BDD eXchange 2017 (in London on 9th - 10th November 2017)