Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
During this talk, you will explore a tour of what goes into painting pixels onto the screen and what you can do to help the browser do it better. You will learn more about tiles, layers, compositing, painting and why the GPU is so great at pushing pixels around.
You will discover what’s the difference between using CSS, 2D Canvas and WebGL for image manipulation and how antialiasing, filtering and blending work.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- React & Redux: Web Application Workshop with Damjan Vujnovic (Online Course on 19th - 23rd July 2021)
- LDN *Virtual* Talks May 2021 (Online Meetup on 27th May 2021)
- BBC Platform: Our journey from messy code duplication to a collaborative component library (Online Meetup on 3rd June 2021)
- Cynic: rusty graphql (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
- Monitoring Temperature (with Too Many Bluetooth Thermometers) (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
Life of a Pixel:Rendering Performance Demystified - Intermediate
Martin is open source contributor and web evangelist by heart from Zurich with a decade experience from the trenches of software engineering in multiple fields.