This session was not filmed.
Throughout history, as new storytelling mediums have emerged, content has adapted to fit the developing form. From oral narratives to theater, cinema, and television, storytelling has always evolved to fit the possibilities enabled by the platform. So - how is non-linear, interactive video shaping the future of storytelling on the web? And how can this be achieved on mobile and desktop using HTML5 video and other Front End techniques?
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
This workshop will combine front end development, filmmaking and classic storytelling with gaming mechanics to introduce interactive narrative. You'll learn how to use JS and CSS libraries along with Eko Studio to create an interactive video experience of your own.
WHO IS IT FOR?
WHAT HARDWARE/SOFTWARE DO YOU NEED?
A laptop with git and a favorite text editor/IDE pre-installed. Please sign up for a user account here before starting the workshop
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Web Animations & State: The Secrets For A Successful Relationship (SkillsCast recorded in July 2018)
- London TensorFlow.js (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Central London Data Science June (in London on 25th June 2019)
- JUCE video processing module (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Lightning Talk: An Effective Code Review (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Workshop: Storytelling with Interactive Video in the Browser - Beginner
Opher is a multidisciplinary creator, invested in many different and often unrelated fields at the same time: computer science, art, music, design, math, game development and more.