Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Marcos had a huge revelation when he discovered the Reusable API (a modular structure to create and reuse d3 elements) and his code was elevated to even higher levels with Test Driven Development.
Join Marcos in this session as he walks you through his journey toward beautiful, maintainable D3 graphs with step by step examples of refactoring crufty code to be shiny and new and testable.
By the end of the talk you too will know how to build decoupled, composable, encapsulated and consistent D3 graphs and be proud of your code again!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Performance Budgets: The What, Why And How (SkillsCast recorded in July 2018)
- Crafting Code with Sandro Mancuso (Online Course on 14th - 15th October 2021)
- Accessibility Testing: Why and How to involve People with Disabilities (Online Meetup on 28th October 2021)
- TPP: From Dumb, to Specific, to Generic (SkillsCast recorded in July 2021)
- YOW!Tube with Kevlin Henney (SkillsCast recorded in August 2020)
Better D3 charts with TDD - Intermediate
Marcos Iglesias is a Senior Software Engineer who builds compelling user interfaces at Eventbrite. Marcos is passionate about improving web performance, setting performance budgets and tracking them because "web performance matters!"
On top of all that, he enjoys writing about software, giving talks and maintaining Britecharts, the open source charting library.