Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Philipp Burckhardt will share insights obtained in the process of developing a session logging system that tracks every click and every action of a given student. From weighing the pros and cons of using cookies, local storage or server-side storage to deciding upon whether to store the collected data in a SQL database or document store, he will reflect on the decisions made and the lessons learned.
Gathering data is only the first step, though. Analyzing the data is a much more difficult undertaking. Since collected data does not lend itself to a simple spreadsheet format but consists of time stamps, unstructured text and the like, cleaning and molding the data into an appropriate format is a delicate task. Join Philipp as he elaborates on the development of an online dashboard allowing professors to visualize the collected data, view summary statistics, and apply advanced machine-learning methods to predict future student behaviour and outcomes.
Find out more at www.isledocs.com.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Improving Software Quality through Data with Markus Harrer (Online Workshop on 14th - 15th November 2022)
- E120 - Harjot Singh - Data Analytics at the Core of Digital Transformation (Online Meetup on 9th October 2022)
- Securing Your Microsoft 365 Tenant (Online Meetup on 20th October 2022)
- Upgrading your engine without stopping the car: How the FT is improving our deployment practice with minimum disruption (SkillsCast recorded in September 2022)
- ML Pipelines from the Get Go (Without Tears) (SkillsCast recorded in August 2022)
Monitoring and Analyzing User Behaviour - Intermediate