Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Philipp Burckhardt will share insights obtained in the process of developing a session logging system that tracks every click and every action of a given student. From weighing the pros and cons of using cookies, local storage or server-side storage to deciding upon whether to store the collected data in a SQL database or document store, he will reflect on the decisions made and the lessons learned.
Gathering data is only the first step, though. Analyzing the data is a much more difficult undertaking. Since collected data does not lend itself to a simple spreadsheet format but consists of time stamps, unstructured text and the like, cleaning and molding the data into an appropriate format is a delicate task. Join Philipp as he elaborates on the development of an online dashboard allowing professors to visualize the collected data, view summary statistics, and apply advanced machine-learning methods to predict future student behaviour and outcomes.
Find out more at www.isledocs.com.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- React & Redux: Web Application Workshop with Damjan Vujnovic (Online Workshop on 12th - 16th September 2022)
- Deep Learning Fundamentals with Leonardo De Marchi (Online Workshop on 12th - 15th September 2022)
- YOW! Data 2022 (Online Conference on 1st - 2nd June 2022)
- FullStack eXchange: In-Person Conference (in London on 27th - 28th July 2022)
- How Data Analytics is Changing the Way Internal Auditors Work (Online Meetup on 29th - 30th May 2022)
- Vue.js and TypeScript: Working Together like Peanut Butter and Jelly (SkillsCast recorded in February 2022)
Monitoring and Analyzing User Behaviour - Intermediate