Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk Tomasz will discuss 5 alternative approaches to handle async operations: callbacks, events, promises, coroutines and reactive streams. None of them is either legacy or a silver bullet - a good dev needs to pick the right tool for the job.
However, in order to understand them, we must step back to fundamentals all these rely on: the mechanics of event loop and run to completion rule, as well as learn to distinguish between sync and async flow. Then we proceed to design patterns built on top of each of the 5 approaches, discussing their strengths and limitations. Funfacts, such as famous Promise.race() included!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Let's liberate Frontend: Backend-less Development revisited (SkillsCast recorded in July 2016)
- Domain Models in Practice: DDD, CQRS & Event Sourcing with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 30th November - 4th December 2020)
- Sociotechnical Domain-Driven Design with Kacper Gunia (Online Course on 7th - 8th December 2020)
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Tools For Non‑DDD People (Online Meetup on 29th October 2020)
- Implementing Microservices: Nobody Told Me About That (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)