Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
The distributed management of frontend components, from version control to component-level a/b testing to distributed state strategy to scenario-aware component mutation all requires intensive communication between teams; usually resulting in monotonous error-prone maintenance tasks.
One common way organisations attempt to mitigate the communication overhead is to deploy view services that serve HTML to iframes. This embraces a Continuous Deployment strategy and allows for autonomy in individual teams. It tends to result in bloat through duplication, complex inefficient approaches to intra-component communication, poor rendering performance, intensive resource usage on user devices and a high risk of potential security issues resulting from human error and misunderstanding.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Speeding Up React SSR with ESX (SkillsCast recorded in July 2019)
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Workshop on 6th - 10th June 2022)
- React & Redux: Web Application Workshop with Damjan Vujnovic (Online Workshop on 12th - 16th September 2022)
- FullStack eXchange: In-Person Conference (in London on 27th - 28th July 2022)
- FullStack eXchange: Online Conference (Online Conference on 27th - 28th July 2022)
- Software Architecture in a DevOps World (SkillsCast recorded in February 2022)
- Vue.js and TypeScript: Working Together like Peanut Butter and Jelly (SkillsCast recorded in February 2022)
Components at Organisational Scale - Intermediate
David Mark Clements is a Principal Architect, fullstack/React and Node.js performance specialist and the author of Node Cookbook. He is currently serving as Principal Architect with NearForm.