Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
The distributed management of frontend components, from version control to component-level a/b testing to distributed state strategy to scenario-aware component mutation all requires intensive communication between teams; usually resulting in monotonous error-prone maintenance tasks.
One common way organisations attempt to mitigate the communication overhead is to deploy view services that serve HTML to iframes. This embraces a Continuous Deployment strategy and allows for autonomy in individual teams. It tends to result in bloat through duplication, complex inefficient approaches to intra-component communication, poor rendering performance, intensive resource usage on user devices and a high risk of potential security issues resulting from human error and misunderstanding.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Speeding Up React SSR with ESX (SkillsCast recorded in July 2019)
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 8th - 12th November 2021)
- Domain-Driven Design Hands-On Workshop: A DDD-traineeship at "Carries Cars" (Online Meetup on 26th October 2021)
- Accessibility Testing: Why and How to involve People with Disabilities (Online Meetup on 28th October 2021)
- Understanding Microservices: A Guide for the Monolithic Developer (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- F# Gives You Superpowers (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
Components at Organisational Scale - Intermediate
David Mark Clements is a Principal Architect, fullstack/React and Node.js performance specialist and the author of Node Cookbook. He is currently serving as Principal Architect with NearForm.