Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
The distributed management of frontend components, from version control to component-level a/b testing to distributed state strategy to scenario-aware component mutation all requires intensive communication between teams; usually resulting in monotonous error-prone maintenance tasks.
One common way organisations attempt to mitigate the communication overhead is to deploy view services that serve HTML to iframes. This embraces a Continuous Deployment strategy and allows for autonomy in individual teams. It tends to result in bloat through duplication, complex inefficient approaches to intra-component communication, poor rendering performance, intensive resource usage on user devices and a high risk of potential security issues resulting from human error and misunderstanding.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Speeding Up React SSR with ESX (SkillsCast recorded in July 2019)
- React & Redux: Web Application Workshop with Damjan Vujnovic (Online Course on 3rd - 7th May 2021)
- DDDx — Domain-Driven Design eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 8th - 9th June 2021)
- LDN *Virtual* Talks Apr 2021 *Red Badger Takeover* (Online Meetup on 27th April 2021)
- How Cognitive Biases and Ranking Can Foster an Ineffective Architecture (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
- Modular Monoliths: How To Power Your Journey Using Continuous Delivery & Domain Modelling (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
Components at Organisational Scale - Intermediate
David Mark Clements is a Principal Architect, fullstack/React and Node.js performance specialist and the author of Node Cookbook. He is currently serving as Principal Architect with NearForm.