This session was not filmed.
During this workshop, you will be learning how to make IoT wearable Twitter badges using the Onion Omega 2! The Omega2 is a full Linux computer with built in Wi-Fi and less than 1/4 the size of the Raspberry Pi. Each person in the workshop will receive a Onion Omega 2, OLED display and a Expansion Dock and 3D Printed Case. You will explore setting up your Onion Omega hardware and web-based console, connecting your twitter feed to display on your OLED. At the end of the workshop you'll have your own wearable tech!
You will need to bring your own Wifi enabled Mac, Windows, or Linux Computer.
You also need a twitter account.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote: Tales of the Obsession of Unfinished Projects (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Device Tree Driver (in London on 29th October 2019)
- Keynote by Ruben Bridgewater on Performance Optimisations and the Possible Savings Doing So (in London on 30th October 2019)
- Productivity with Micro Frontends and Cloud-native Backends (SkillsCast recorded in August 2019)
- How to Thrive in a Male Dominated World (SkillsCast recorded in August 2019)
Workshop: Release Your Inner Maker!
Amie D Dansby is a software game programmer, previously at Marvel Studios, working on Captain America, Thor, X-Men Destiny, Marvel Super Hero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet and Marvel vs CapCom 3. She transitioned to Research and Development working with the PlayStation and Xbox. Currently a full stack unicorn and robot overlord at a robotics, augmented reality video game studio in Dallas, TX, ATAT Tech. She educates through 3D Printing, game development, computer science, LEGO Mindstorms robotics, wearable tech and cosplay. Encouraging others to experiment and learn through trying, making mistakes, and trying again. “Embrace Failure” is a philosophy she’s adopted, there’s no such thing as failure – only learning experiences.