Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Containers are the next model of compute, after VMs and bare metal. And you all know containers are here to stay. They're the leaner, faster and more portable alternative, and one day every app will run in a container. Containers will be ubiquitous because of the wide range of problems they solve, and the huge ecosystem that's making the solutions.
The core concepts in container platforms are all open - the image and runtime specifications, the registry, the engines and the orchestrators. The promise of portability makes containers a safe choice for the next generation of software delivery. Companies are making that choice and investing in containers for everything from legacy apps to new cloud-native projects.
At Docker they work with major enterprises on their container adoption programs, and they see five major use cases. Elton will walk through each of the use cases, showing and sharing with you the type of problems containers solve, and the value they bring. And you'll see that those use cases cover pretty much every activity in the software industry, which is why containers will take over the world.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Just What Is A "Service Mesh", And If I Get One Will It Make Everything OK? (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Introduction to Docker Fundamentals (in London on 26th - 27th November 2019)
- Advanced Docker for Enterprise Operations (in London on 28th - 29th November 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- µCon London 2020 - The Conference on Microservices, DDD & Software Architecture (in London on 27th - 29th May 2020)
- Keynote by Brian Ketelsen on Going Multicloud with Serverless (in London on 17th October 2019)
- 2 Presentations: Kubernetes Ingress & DevOps and Microservices Better Together (in London on 17th October 2019)
- Turbocharging Azure DevOps with Octopus Deploy (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Building an open source Cloud-native Edge Computing infrastructure with the OpenNESS Toolkit for 5G and Industry 4.0. (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Keynote: Why Containers Will Take Over the World
Elton is a Pluralsight Author, Microsoft MVP and he works as an architect at Docker. He's been architecting and delivering successful solutions with Microsoft technologies since 2000, most recently Big Data and API implementations in Azure, and distributed applications with Docker and Kubernetes. Currently he's interested the evolution of the Microsoft stack, exploring the great opportunities to modernize existing .NET Framework apps with Docker, and run them alongside new .NET Core apps in Windows and Linux containers in Kubernetes. Elton is a regular presenter and workshop host at conferences. He's been fortunate to speak at DockerCon, NDC, DevSum, ProgNet, SDD, Container Camp and Future Decoded. You'll often see him at user groups too - Docker London, London DevOps and WinOps are his locals.