How do you make the process of getting code into production seamless as a developer, without causing difficulties for operations?
Developers would rather avoid gatekeeping in order to have shorter feedback loops. Ops teams would rather be prepared for what's going into production and when, in order to avoid surprises and prepare support training. In this talk you will learn about the process of creating a deployment pipeline for Kubernetes using Gitlab CI, what checks you can use to catch human error early, and ways of validating that changes won’t cause problems later. This talk will improve your ability to design deployment processes which avoid developer pain but build operational trust.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Increasing the Cloud Native Bus Factor (SkillsCast recorded in August 2018)
- Fast Track to Chaos Engineering with Russ Miles (in London on 1st - 3rd July 2019)
- ProgNET London 2019 (in London on 11th - 13th September 2019)
- Keynote by Kris Nova on The Power of Linux Virtualization with Cloud Native (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Keynote Evening with Ryn Daniels (in London on 21st August 2019)
- How do we become Cloud Native? (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Lightning Talk: How Your Deployment Strategy Influences How People Code (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Deployment pipelines with Kubernetes
Charlotte is a backend software engineer at Dotmesh, with experience learning about, operating, and most importantly breaking Kubernetes clusters.