Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
During this talk, you will explore building Pino, a JSON\n logger that’s up to 17 times faster than pre-existing loggers, with a growing ecosystem of support libraries, including high performance integration with Express, Hapi, Koa and Restify.
How did we make it so fast? After showing what Pino can do, you will discover Matteo and David's tooling: 0x for flamegraphs, and autocannon for HTTP/1.1 benchmarking. Then we’ll discuss V8 optimizing compilers, string flattening and other mad-science optimizations that we embedded inside Pino.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Speeding Up React SSR with ESX (SkillsCast recorded in July 2019)
- React & Redux: Web Application Workshop with Damjan Vujnovic (Online Workshop on 12th - 16th September 2022)
- FullStack eXchange: In-Person Conference (in London on 27th - 28th July 2022)
- FullStack eXchange: Online Conference (Online Conference on 27th - 28th July 2022)
- Vue.js and TypeScript: Working Together like Peanut Butter and Jelly (SkillsCast recorded in February 2022)
The Cost of Logging - Intermediate
Matteo is a code pirate and mad scientist. He spends most of his days programming in node.js, but in the past he worked with Ruby, Java and Objective-C.
David Mark Clements is a Principal Architect, fullstack/React and Node.js performance specialist and the author of Node Cookbook. He is currently serving as Principal Architect with NearForm.