Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
It's also a story of missed deadlines, half-baked standards, last-minute decisions, ridiculous business models, and some of the stupidest ideas anybody has ever had in the history of technology. Some of them are nothing more now than an amusing footnote in history... some of them we're still living with, and working around, every single day. And it could easily have been so very, very different.
Join Dylan Beattie for an offbeat and irreverent journey back to the earliest days of the digital frontier, as we look at the ideas and innovations that have shaped the modern web... and then fast-forward to an alternate 2017, where you are all using Netscape Composer to create rich online experiences on our WebTVs, Microsoft Office is a Java applet, CueCats are more popular than fidget-spinners, and the really cool kids are using MSN to hand-code custom avatars in VRML.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Have I Got .NET For You?! (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Leadership Guide for the Reluctant Leader (In‑Person Workshop) (in London on 29th July 2022)
- FullStack eXchange: In-Person Conference (in London on 27th - 28th July 2022)
- FullStack eXchange: Online Conference (Online Conference on 27th - 28th July 2022)
- Getting Geospatial Data on The Web (SkillsCast recorded in February 2022)
- Vue.js and TypeScript: Working Together like Peanut Butter and Jelly (SkillsCast recorded in February 2022)