Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
More and more businesses are requiring developers to own end to end delivery, including operational ownership. In this keynote, Alexis Richardson (CEO, Weaveworks) will take you on a journey of discovery into the world of GitOps. Alexis will share with you what it means, and how easy it is to create cloud native applications, CICD pipelines, integrate operations and more, using GitOps.
Inherited from best practices going back 10-15 years, cloud native is making these practices more relevant today. At Weaveworks, they implement these principles in their product, Weave Cloud. This not only helps customers ship apps faster, it also helps them run their own cloud native stack. Alexis will present how Weaveworks does this, identify best practices and tools, and showcase some of Weaveworks’ use cases.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Before and After Kubernetes - Was It Worth It and Why? A joint case study (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Introduction to Docker Fundamentals (in London on 26th - 27th November 2019)
- Observability: Fundamentals and Practice with Liz Fong-Jones (in London on 9th - 10th March 2020)
- CloudNative London 2020 (in London on 23rd - 25th September 2020)
- Keynote by Brian Ketelsen on Going Multicloud with Serverless (in London on 17th October 2019)
- Keynote by Burr Sutter on Kubernetes Native Java with Quarkus (in London on 16th January 2020)
- Build run and manage composite apps on Kubernetes with Cellery (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- It's Not Too Late To Learn About Kubernetes (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Making Cloud Native Apps Easier with GitOps
Alexis Richardson is the founder of Weaveworks, makers of Weave - a new product for Docker and containerized applications. Previously, Alexis was Head of Product for App Suite & Real Time Intelligence at Pivotal, where he led commercial vFabric products that moved to Pivotal from VMware, including open source projects Spring, RabbitMQ, Redis and Tomcat.