Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Monitoring containerised apps creates a whole new set of challenges that traditional monitoring systems struggle with. In this talk, Brice Fernandes from Weaveworks will introduce and demo the open source Prometheus monitoring toolkit and its integration with Kubernetes. After this talk, you'll be able to use Prometheus to monitor your microservices on a Kubernetes cluster.
During Brice's talk you will learn about:
An introduction to Kubernetes to manage containers;
The monitoring maturity model;
An overview of whitebox and blackbox monitoring;
Monitoring with Prometheus;
Using PromQL (the Prometheus Query Language) to monitor your app in a dynamic system.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Delivering Quality at Speed With Gitops (SkillsCast recorded in September 2018)
- Understanding Distributed Systems using OpenTelemetry with Liz Fong-Jones (Online Course on 7th December 2021)
- Intermediate Docker with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 7th - 10th February 2022)
- Software Architecture in a DevOps World (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- Mainframe & Serverless Integration – How to Liberate the Data and Stay Competitive (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)