Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
During this talk, you will explore a bit of background in Boolean algebra, focusing on the two fundamental operations, which are generalizations of addition and multiplication, and their identity elements. Julie will extend this to the Monoid typeclass in Haskell and illuminate those Boolean patterns over various types.
Julie will then extend this further, and you will discover how to examine the monoids of conjunction that typically underlie applicative functors and the monoids of disjunction that you find in the Alternative typeclass.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Haskell Fundamentals (2-Day Course) with Alejandro Serrano (Online Course on 5th - 6th July 2021)
- Haskell Fundamentals (4-Day Course) with Alejandro Serrano (Online Course on 8th - 11th November 2021)
- Haskell eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 16th - 17th November 2021)
- Theorems for Free (SkillsCast recorded in November 2020)
- Comparing Strict and Lazy (SkillsCast recorded in November 2020)