Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Kotlin has established itself in the Android development community since v1.0 last year, and with official support announced at I/O this year, it’s an exciting time to get started with this language in your work.
This talk will take you through Deliveroo’s journey from a full Java codebase to using Kotlin across the project. Learn how to get your colleagues involved and convert them to Kotlin supporters. You will also learn how they got started, the problems they ran into and how Kotlin can improve your codebase, your app and your sanity.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Android Wear - Get your app on your wrist (SkillsCast recorded in October 2015)
- FP in Kotlin with Arrow with Jorge Castillo (Online Course on 27th - 30th July 2021)
- Android Architecture with Jorge Ortiz-Fuentes (Online Course on 13th - 15th September 2021)
- Team Identity and its Impact on an Organisation (Online Meetup on 3rd August 2021)
- Productivity and Wellbeing 101 (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
- The Death of Silos (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
Travelling across Asia - Our journey from Java to Kotlin
Amal Kakaiya is an engineer working on Android at Deliveroo in London. He's been coding professionally for the last 5 years, 3 of which have been on Android. He is particularly interested in performant layouts and writing in Kotlin. Hailing from Glasgow, Scotland, Amal is also a keen triathlete and when not at a computer can be found cycling, running or swimming in and around East London.
Maria Neumayer is an Android Developer working at Deliveroo. She's been developing for Android for more than seven years with a focus on UI work. Austrian expat living in London. Previously at Citymapper, Path, Saffron Digital and Rummble.