Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Don't you love making your app robust against network failures? Now imagine your app talking to a Wi-Fi connected product... Locally when your home or via a server when you’re not. You'll certainly love handling those network switches! And what if your app doesn't just control one product, but multiple ones? Some locally, some remotely connected? Or how about having multiple users controlling the same product at the same time? It goes without question that building apps for connected products is incredibly challenging.
From device discovery, over minimizing network requests to out of the box setup, Jeroen's talk will cover it all. Packed with code examples, architecture suggestions and tons of best practices, you'll learn six years’ worth of hard earned experience. This won't just kick start your IoT app development skills, but you will also learn how to keep your app scalable and maintainable towards the future.
Starting as early as 2011, Jeroen has built an impressive range of connected products: BT LE coffee machines, Wi-Fi speakers, connected air purifiers and even full blown connectivity libraries. Currently he is Lead Android developer of the official Philips Hue apps, the biggest IoT system in the world.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- The Big Rewrite (SkillsCast recorded in October 2018)
- Getting API Design Right: Learning from Anti-Patterns — Full‑Day Workshop [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 11th October 2021)
- Reasoning Systematically: the Art of Integration Leadership — 2 Half‑Day Workshops [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 11th - 12th October 2021)
- Software Architecture Gathering Digital 2021 (Online Conference on 13th - 14th October 2021)
- Domain-Driven Design Hands-On Workshop: A DDD-traineeship at "Carries Cars" (Online Meetup on 26th October 2021)
- Who Tests Their Cloud Code Anyway? (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
- Keynote: The Magic of Platforms (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)