Introducing the LEDS Stack: - Linux
(Ok, I made that acronym up. It isn't yet a 'thing'... but hopefully we can change that!)
This talk is a hands-on introduction to developing ASP.net Core applications on a Mac, and running those applications on Linux. Not a Windows VM in sight.
Over the talk, I'll introduce you to ASP.net Core, Entity Framework Core, Visual Studio Code, Rider, and SQL Server on Linux, and give you an overview of the toolchain available for .NET developers running macOS.
Finally, we'll set up a Linux box, running on a non-Microsoft cloud for the LEDS stack, and look at deploying a CRUD application to it.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Alex Brown: Mashing monoliths into manageable modules, with Mediatr (SkillsCast recorded in April 2017)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# with Riccardo Terrell (Online Workshop on 11th - 14th October 2022)
- F# eXchange 2022: Online (Online Conference on 25th - 26th October 2022)
- Understanding Microservices: A Guide for the Monolithic Developer (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- F# Gives You Superpowers (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
Introducing the LEDS Stack
Alex Brown is a software engineer with a strong interest in writing as little (tested) code as possible to get the job done. More recently, has been interested in testing and adopting new technologies.