In this talk Steve will take you on a tour of Docker, a modern application packaging and containerisation technology that .NET developers can now leverage.
Steve will share with you the Docker journey that his team are on, exploring their motivations for using Docker. You will learn the core terminology .NET developers need to know to begin working with Docker and explore demos that show how you can start using Docker with your own ASP.NET Core projects. Finally, Steve will demonstrate how he and his team have built a deployment pipeline using Jenkins and explore the AWS EC2 Container Services (ECS) configuration they have created to enable rapid, continuous delivery of their microservices.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Beyond HTTP in ASP.NET Core 3.0 with gRPC (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Docker Fundamentals with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 19th - 22nd October 2020)
- Getting Started with CI/CD with Dave Farley (Online Course on 2nd - 3rd December 2020)
- CloudNative eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 17th - 18th November 2020)
- London Calling (Online Meetup on 24th September 2020)
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Tools For Non‑DDD People (Online Meetup on 29th October 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Let’s Play with Cloud Code to Run Cloud Native Applications (SkillsCast recorded in June 2020)
Docker for .NET Developers
Steve Gordon is a Microsoft MVP, Pluralsight author, senior developer and community lead based in Brighton. He works for Madgex developing and supporting their data products built using .NET Core technologies. Steve is passionate about community and all things .NET related, having worked with ASP.NET for over 15 years.