Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Real-time Big Data systems are making previously impossible use cases possible. This talk will cover some of the limitations with batch Big Data systems. Then, we will talk about the use cases that real-time systems enable and the sorts of technologies used in them. Finally, we will talk about what individuals, managers, and organizations need to do to get ready for real-time systems.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Real-time Systems with Spark Streaming and Kafka (in London on 23rd - 24th September 2019)
- Creating a Data Engineering Culture (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Fast Track to Machine Learning with Louis Dorard (in London on 15th - 17th July 2019)
- Infiniteconf 2019 - A one-day community celebration of Big Data, Machine Learning and AI (in London on 4th July 2019)
- CloudNative London 2019 (in London on 25th - 27th September 2019)
- The wonders of IBM: Watson, artificial intelligence, Swift coding and databases! (in London on 19th June 2019)
- London TensorFlow.js (in London on 20th June 2019)
- AI Auditing Framework (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Applying Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS) to the Protein Folding (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Keynote: Why Real-Time is the Future
Jesse Anderson is a data engineer, creative engineer, and managing director of the Big Data Institute. Jesse trains employees on big data—including cutting-edge technology like Apache Kafka, Apache Hadoop, and Apache Spark. He has taught thousands of students at companies ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies the skills to become data engineers. He is widely regarded as an expert in the field and recognized for his novel teaching practices. Jesse is published by O’Reilly and Pragmatic Programmers and has been covered in such prestigious media outlets as the Wall Street Journal, CNN, BBC, NPR, Engadget, and Wired. You can learn more about Jesse at Jesse-Anderson.com.