Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Many applications maintain data that evolves over time together with views on this data. An example are GUI applications that present information from a database to the user. Whenever the underlying data changes, the views must adapt to these changes. Incremental computing is about performing such updates efficiently.
In this talk, you will explore the incremental-computing package, which allows you to easily build functions with accompanying support for incremental updates. The package contains specifically crafted update algorithms for a set of core functions like filtering and sorting of lists. From these core functions, you can build more complex functions with the help of easy-to-use combinators, and the incremental-computing package will derive the accompanying incremental update methods for you.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Modern development with Java (in London on 15th - 17th July 2019)
- Lightbend Scala Language - Expert (in London on 11th - 13th September 2019)
- Infiniteconf 2019 - A one-day community celebration of Big Data, Machine Learning and AI (in London on 4th July 2019)
- Haskell eXchange 2019 (in London on 10th - 11th October 2019)
- Algorithmic Art (in London on 29th August 2019)
- Lightning Talk: Let’s talk about Types (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
- Capybara architecture overview (SkillsCast recorded in February 2019)