Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Serverless systems allow you to concentrate solely on your code and let the provider deal with infrastructure issues such as scaling and routing. Serverless is best known for responding to events, however it is also an excellent choice for APIs and microservices. In this session Rob will share with you how he has used Apache OpenWhisk to implement APIs using the Swift programming language.
You will learn how an API is built in Swift for deployment to Apache OpenWhisk. In order to do this, Rob will also cover key features of the Swift language and why it is good for server-side applications. You'll then learn how to write HTTP APIs frontend by the built-in API Gateway. By walking through this process of building an API, you'll be well placed to build your own serverless APIs.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Hands‑on Microservices Architecture and Design Workshop with Chris Richardson (Online Workshop on 7th - 17th June 2022)
- Java Forum (Online Conference on 31st August 2022)
- iSAQB Software Architecture Gathering — Digital 2022: 2-Day Sessions Ticket (Online Conference on 16th - 17th November 2022)
- LDN Talks May 2022 - Quickwit Takeover (in London on 30th May 2022)
- Gravitee APIM Behind Istio Service Mesh (SkillsCast recorded in May 2022)
- Enabling Microservice Success (SkillsCast recorded in May 2022)