Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
With the rise of DevOps, programmable infrastructure is reaching widespread adoption. However, although automated testing of software is becoming more common, the same cannot be said of testing the automated deployment of cloud infrastructure.
With microservices making our deployments more and more complex, you can no longer afford to ignore this type of testing. During this talk you will learn some approaches to programmable infrastructure testing that we have created, from the perspective of a project that required functional testing of infrastructure.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightning Talk: Server Side Rendering with React.js and Node.js (SkillsCast recorded in July 2019)
- Understanding Distributed Systems using OpenTelemetry with Liz Fong-Jones (Online Course on 7th December 2021)
- Intermediate Docker with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 7th - 10th February 2022)
- Understanding Microservices: A Guide for the Monolithic Developer (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- Software Architecture in a DevOps World (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
Testing Programmable Infrastructure
Matt is a senior QA consultant for OpenCredo, a London-based consultancy. OpenCredo specialise in helping clients apply emerging open-source technologies to business problems. He is responsible for the testing requirements in a number of OpenCredo engagements, with specialist knowledge in the creation and deployment of automated testing frameworks. Matt works with tools such as Java, Selenium, Cucumber, Mocha and Gatling, across a broad spectrum of languages. He builds and maintains a machine learning foosball bot in his spare time.