Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
With the rise of DevOps, programmable infrastructure is reaching widespread adoption. However, although automated testing of software is becoming more common, the same cannot be said of testing the automated deployment of cloud infrastructure.
With microservices making our deployments more and more complex, you can no longer afford to ignore this type of testing. During this talk you will learn some approaches to programmable infrastructure testing that we have created, from the perspective of a project that required functional testing of infrastructure.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightning Talk: Server Side Rendering with React.js and Node.js (SkillsCast recorded in July 2019)
- Advanced Kubernetes Concepts with Jérôme Petazzoni (Online Course on 28th September - 1st October 2020)
- Docker Fundamentals with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 19th - 22nd October 2020)
- Implementing Microservices: Nobody Told Me About That (Online Meetup on 15th October 2020)
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Tools For Non‑DDD People (Online Meetup on 29th October 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- How developers are the new security rockstars
Testing Programmable Infrastructure
Matt is a senior QA consultant for OpenCredo, a London-based consultancy. OpenCredo specialise in helping clients apply emerging open-source technologies to business problems. He is responsible for the testing requirements in a number of OpenCredo engagements, with specialist knowledge in the creation and deployment of automated testing frameworks. Matt works with tools such as Java, Selenium, Cucumber, Mocha and Gatling, across a broad spectrum of languages. He builds and maintains a machine learning foosball bot in his spare time.