Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Irina will share with you a high level overview of how Monzo moves mountains behind the scenes to build a bank without a single point of failure. You will learn about the tools Irina and her Team use build and deploy microservices in Go, how they design each service to be simple and self-contained and how microservices should communicate with each other and the world.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- How Monzo Replaced a Critical Live System Without Anyone Noticing (SkillsCast recorded in November 2018)
- Web Scraping with GoLang (Online Meetup on 13th August 2020)
- Building and Leading Remote Teams (Online Meetup on 19th August 2020)
- Building Ephemeral Environments For Developers in Kubernetes (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Keynote: It’s a Trap! Vendor Lock-in and the Cloud (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
How We Use Go to Build a Distributed Bank
Irina is a backend engineer at Monzo. She has been writing Ruby since Rails 2.1 and had seen every possible design pattern implemented, used and abused in a range of Ruby apps varying from broadcasting platforms to accounting software. Now she's out of the Ruby world and helping to build a bank with Go microservices.