Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
.NET Core has dominated the hype for a while, but, what’s it really like running in production, on different operating systems?
During this talk, you will discover how Joe and team ported their 15 year old codebase (you read that right) to be running on the shiniest new thing in the .NET world, and yes, there were some problems. Luckily, they managed to solve or work around those problems successfully.
Living on the bleeding edge with a legacy application has taught Joe and team a lot. You will learn very quickly it's better to embrace the platform, and the operating system to really reap the benefits. Join this talk and explore further lessons that can help you decide whether or not you should make the leap, and to ease your transition if you do.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightning Talk: Giving Back to the Community (SkillsCast recorded in September 2017)
- F# eXchange 2020 (in London on 2nd - 3rd April 2020)
- ProgNET London 2020 (in London on 16th - 18th September 2020)
- Authentication for Serverless (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Kubernetes going beyond the basics (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
.NET Core in the Real World
Joe is currently working on software that is designed to scale to millions of users concurrently, and he has been for the past 3 years. Prior to that, he spent some time working on security-conscious systems. His current focus is on writing the cleanest code and discovering the best tool for the job.