Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
For years, you’ve been looking at one type of consumer of your work: the end user - the one for whom you are developing our apps. The Android community has been growing and, most of all, it’s been collaborating! Code, blog posts and talks - for all these types of content that you are producing, the consumer is you. All of you! From code reviewers, team-mates, other developers that use our work, to the future “you” that needs to maintain the code.
For the first type of consumers you have specialized roles that advocate for them – like product owners and UI/UX designers – but for the second type, you don’t. As developers, it ends up being your responsibility to look at the content you are producing from the perspective of the target audience.
Florina will share with you a look at the “content - consumer” relationship in the same way you look at the “app - end-user” relationship. You will explore what kind of questions you need to answer to improve the quality of your work, satisfy your content consumers and, in turn, improve the end-user experience.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote: Pragmatic Crafting (SkillsCast recorded in October 2018)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Flutter London June Meetup (in London on 17th June 2019)
- Keynote by Rebecca Franks on Tips for Building Custom Views on Android with Canvas APIs📏🎨 (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Android Home-screen Widgets with Flutter (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
- Full Stack Testing of Flutter Apps (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
Keynote: Developers Are Users Too
Florina is working as an Android Developer Advocate at Google, helping developers architect clean, testable apps using the Architecture Components libraries. She has been working with Android for 8 years, previous work covering news at upday, payment solutions at payleven and navigation services at Garmin.