Expect a light hearted rock ballad in the key of F#, that explores the present as well as the future of rock star software development. Can your musical rock star skills be used not just in the current metaphorical sense, but also literally, to write code and explore data using type providers? Leave your laptops at home and bring in your guitar or uke instead to find out!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightning Talk: Open Source Fun from Start to End (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- Microservices Architecture with Jorge Ortiz‑Fuentes (Online Course on 6th - 8th September 2021)
- Distributed Data Patterns for Microservices — Half‑Day Workshop [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 12th October 2021)
- YOW! Perth 2021 (in Perth on 14th - 15th September 2021)
- YOW! September 2021 (Online Conference on 14th - 15th September 2021)
- Formal Verification of Subsets of the Rust Language (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
- From Domain Boundaries to Purposeful Architecture (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
How to be a Rock Star Developer with Tomas Petricek & Phillip Trelford (& Son)!
Tomas is a computer scientist and open-source developer. He is a Visiting Researcher at the Alan Turing Institute working on tools for open data-driven storytelling. He wrote a popular book called "Real-World Functional Programming" and is a lead developer of several F# open-source libraries.
Phil is an active member of the software development community, regularly attending and speaking at user groups and conferences, blogging and contributing to open source projects. He is a co-organizer of the London F# User Group and a founding member of the F# Foundation.