You’ve seen the adverts from agents seeking rock star and ninja developers, but what does that even mean? In this session, we’ll look at what it takes to be a true rock star developer and we’ll also venture into the space of rock star data scientists. Like true rock stars, we’ll eschew software development and instead focus on attitude, volume, tone and to a lesser extent skills.
Expect a light hearted rock ballad in the key of F#, that explores the present as well as the future of rock star software development. Can your musical rock star skills be used not just in the current metaphorical sense, but also literally, to write code and explore data using type providers? Leave your laptops at home and bring in your guitar or uke instead to find out!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Rethinking Compilers With Live Coding (SkillsCast recorded in August 2018)
- Building and Leading Remote Teams (Online Meetup on 19th August 2020)
- Building a Cloud Native Application with Quarkus (Online Meetup on 27th August 2020)
- Automating Elaborate-Transform-Load for Busy Data Scientists (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Building Ephemeral Environments For Developers in Kubernetes (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
How to be a Rock Star Developer with Tomas Petricek & Phillip Trelford (& Son)!
Tomas is a computer scientist and open-source developer. He is a Visiting Researcher at the Alan Turing Institute working on tools for open data-driven storytelling. He wrote a popular book called "Real-World Functional Programming" and is a lead developer of several F# open-source libraries.
Phil is an active member of the software development community, regularly attending and speaking at user groups and conferences, blogging and contributing to open source projects. He is a co-organizer of the London F# User Group and a founding member of the F# Foundation.