You’ve seen the adverts from agents seeking rock star and ninja developers, but what does that even mean? In this session, we’ll look at what it takes to be a true rock star developer and we’ll also venture into the space of rock star data scientists. Like true rock stars, we’ll eschew software development and instead focus on attitude, volume, tone and to a lesser extent skills.
Expect a light hearted rock ballad in the key of F#, that explores the present as well as the future of rock star software development. Can your musical rock star skills be used not just in the current metaphorical sense, but also literally, to write code and explore data using type providers? Leave your laptops at home and bring in your guitar or uke instead to find out!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightning Talk: Open Source Fun from Start to End (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- Microservices Architecture with Jorge Ortiz‑Fuentes (Online Course on 19th - 21st April 2021)
- μCon: The Microservices eXchange (Online Conference on 13th - 14th April 2021)
- Haskell eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 16th - 17th November 2021)
- Event-Driven Microservices: The Sense, Nonsense and a Way Forward (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- Technologies for Microservices (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
How to be a Rock Star Developer with Tomas Petricek & Phillip Trelford (& Son)!
Tomas is a computer scientist and open-source developer. He is a Visiting Researcher at the Alan Turing Institute working on tools for open data-driven storytelling. He wrote a popular book called "Real-World Functional Programming" and is a lead developer of several F# open-source libraries.
Phil is an active member of the software development community, regularly attending and speaking at user groups and conferences, blogging and contributing to open source projects. He is a co-organizer of the London F# User Group and a founding member of the F# Foundation.