Automated Acceptance Testing is one of the essential ingredients of a healthy agile software practice. Unfortunately, attempts to adopt this on mobile usually result in the creation of slow, brittle and highly complex UI tests - where did we go wrong? This talk will look at the real secret of acceptance testing that allows mobile teams and others to maintain sustainable progress, ideal for any industry where demands for constant innovation and change is relentless.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Track Lead: Brainstorms are Dead! - How 'Design Sprints' are Revolutionising 'Design Thinking' and Helping Companies Solve Big Problems and Test New Ideas Quickly (SkillsCast recorded in November 2018)
- Certified LeSS Basics with Ben Maynard (Online Course on 8th - 10th April 2021)
- Android Architecture with Jorge Ortiz-Fuentes (Online Course on 17th - 19th May 2021)
- P3X — People Product Process eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 15th - 16th September 2021)
- Personal Engineering: Living Well at Work with Portia Tung (Online Meetup on 11th March 2021)
- Why Less? (SkillsCast recorded in February 2021)
- Agile During the Time of Jesus (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
Subcutaneous Testing Mobile with Paul Stringer!
Paul is an iOS expert combining skills in mobile product design with extensive software engineering experience. An influencer and leader having worked with development teams, key stakeholders and corporate clients incl. Apple and Sky.
After years masquerading as a professional developer, Paul discovered 'Clean Code' and began a journey to a new understanding of what being a software professional meant. That journey continues through working with best practices such as TDD, Acceptance Testing and Pair Programming "as standard" in the pursuit of building the best possible software; Paul believes in the principle of getting software right early, and then keeping it working as intended.