Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
With DevOps you have learnt that you cannot simply state "it works on my machine" any more, not without a very real threat of violence from your team mates! You have the responsibility to appreciate the operational side of our software and, naturally, this means working on it collaboratively with your teams. However, are CI/CD, infrastructure as code or automation enough?
The complex systems you build today out of microservices have a lot of unlocked potential and pitfalls around fault tolerance and resilience. The various stresses the system is under represent learning potential and so how do you unlock that for you and, more importantly, for your teams?
Sylvain Hellegouarch will share with you what it looks like to try, learn and adapt on a complex system made of unpredictable parts through the somewhat new Chaos Engineering displine and the open source chaostoolkit. But, is it actually so new? Other industries have been conducting those experiments for decades as Sylvain will also tell you in this talk.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Distributed System Reliability Through Chaos Engineering (SkillsCast recorded in November 2018)
- Understanding Distributed Systems using OpenTelemetry with Liz Fong-Jones (Online Course on 7th December 2021)
- Intermediate Docker with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 7th - 10th February 2022)
- Understanding Microservices: A Guide for the Monolithic Developer (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- Software Architecture in a DevOps World (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)