Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
With DevOps you have learnt that you cannot simply state "it works on my machine" any more, not without a very real threat of violence from your team mates! You have the responsibility to appreciate the operational side of our software and, naturally, this means working on it collaboratively with your teams. However, are CI/CD, infrastructure as code or automation enough?
The complex systems you build today out of microservices have a lot of unlocked potential and pitfalls around fault tolerance and resilience. The various stresses the system is under represent learning potential and so how do you unlock that for you and, more importantly, for your teams?
Sylvain Hellegouarch will share with you what it looks like to try, learn and adapt on a complex system made of unpredictable parts through the somewhat new Chaos Engineering displine and the open source chaostoolkit. But, is it actually so new? Other industries have been conducting those experiments for decades as Sylvain will also tell you in this talk.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Distributed System Reliability Through Chaos Engineering (SkillsCast recorded in November 2018)
- Better Software Faster with Dave Farley (Online Course on 12th - 13th July 2021)
- Certified Scrum Master with Abid Quereshi (Online Course on 19th - 20th August 2021)
- LDN *Virtual* Talks Jun 2021 — Concordium Takeover (Online Meetup on 28th June 2021)
- Cloud, OpenSource and Community (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
- Serverless First (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)