Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
With DevOps you have learnt that you cannot simply state "it works on my machine" any more, not without a very real threat of violence from your team mates! You have the responsibility to appreciate the operational side of our software and, naturally, this means working on it collaboratively with your teams. However, are CI/CD, infrastructure as code or automation enough?
The complex systems you build today out of microservices have a lot of unlocked potential and pitfalls around fault tolerance and resilience. The various stresses the system is under represent learning potential and so how do you unlock that for you and, more importantly, for your teams?
Sylvain Hellegouarch will share with you what it looks like to try, learn and adapt on a complex system made of unpredictable parts through the somewhat new Chaos Engineering displine and the open source chaostoolkit. But, is it actually so new? Other industries have been conducting those experiments for decades as Sylvain will also tell you in this talk.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Distributed System Reliability Through Chaos Engineering (SkillsCast recorded in November 2018)
- Hands‑on Microservices Architecture and Design Workshop with Chris Richardson (Online Workshop on 7th - 17th June 2022)
- Intermediate Docker with Matt Saunders (Online Workshop on 3rd - 6th October 2022)
- YOW! London: In-Person (in London on 22nd - 23rd September 2022)
- YOW! London: Online (Online Conference on 22nd - 23rd September 2022)
- LDN Talks May 2022 - Quickwit Takeover (in London on 30th May 2022)
- How to Use Powerful Rituals for More Success (Online Meetup on 12th July 2022)
- Gravitee APIM Behind Istio Service Mesh (SkillsCast recorded in May 2022)
- Enabling Microservice Success (SkillsCast recorded in May 2022)