OSS projects are the building blocks of the vast majority of products, services, and digital infrastructure we use today, and they are largely made by unpaid communities. We need to shift gears and think about how OSS can leverage the tangible benefits it provides companies to be sustainable for the future. Part of the problem has to do with a lack of options for OSS to receive funds. Let’s talk about avenues for sustaining Open Source projects in different growth stages and how we can help from Open Collective UK.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Martine Devos' Certified Scrum Master, Estimation & Planning Class (in London on 24th - 25th June 2019)
- Agile at Scale: Inspired by Spotify (in London on 15th - 16th July 2019)
- Digital Leadership July (in London on 1st July 2019)
- Scrum Event July Meetup (in London on 2nd July 2019)
- Lizzy Morris (CST) Presents: Leading from the Inside is True Leadership Agility (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Apache Kafka London April Meetup (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
Sustaining Open Source for the Future
Pia Mancini is an open source sustainer and cofounder of Open Collective, a platform that enables open source projects to receive funding as a collective through virtual association. She has worked in politics in Argentina and is chair of the Democracy Earth Foundation, which develops technology for democracy.