A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
"Processing is a flexible software sketchbook and a language for learning how to code within the context of the visual arts. Since 2001, Processing has promoted software literacy within the visual arts and visual literacy within technology. There are tens of thousands of students, artists, designers, researchers, and hobbyists who use Processing for learning and prototyping. "
Processing has even won a few awards for contributing to the world of art and design.
This meetup is intended for complete beginners - you don't even have to have coded before!
We'll we using p5js, which is a version of Processing that works entirely on the global web. All you need to code and create art is a web browser, and all your viewers need is a web browser. Nothing else is necessary.
In this tutorial we'll :
• learn about Processing concepts like the canvas, colours, shapes, motion, the pointer.
• learn just enough of the Processing p5js programming language to be extremely useful.
• discuss algorithmic ideas like randomness, repetition, recursion ... illustrating each one with simple code and art.
• see how we can share our work with potentially billions of viewers who need nothing more than a browser to experience it.
• take some time at the end to show the art we've created (if we want to) and talk about how we created it.
Take your first steps coding for visual art - and join us for a fun and intimate tutorial - you really don't need any previous coding experience at all, just interest and enthusiasm!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Generative Adversarial Networks with PyTorch (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Data-Driven Improvement of Software Quality with Markus Harrer (Online Course on 27th - 28th September 2021)
- Deep Learning Fundamentals with Leonardo De Marchi (Online Course on 11th - 14th October 2021)
- Building a Runtime Reflection System for Rust (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
- Hedge your Bets with Rust (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)